Yesterday, the new issue of CoroCoro magazine has been revealed (and of course posted) on many Japanese boards, as stated by Serebii in his website earlier. There are several new information as well as several confirmation about the upcoming release of Pokemon Platinum, including the most important part, the release date. Well, here are the news:
- Pokemon Platinum is set to be released in Japan on 13th of September 2008.
- The game requires the player to face Team Galactic once again, but looks like the team’s plan (that is to say, storyline) has been quite worked up.
- The Battle Frontier returns in the Fight Area of Sinnoh, although the specifications about the areas in the Frontier is still unknown.
- The Wi-Fi area has been enhanced to support up to 20 people.
- Remember about making Poffin? It seems that there is a new way to make Poffin, particularly by the help of Swalot.
- A new item called Battle Recorder allows you to record your battle and eventually shares them with your friends.
- A new and improved GTS in Jubilife City to support the battle recording function.
- Regarding the forme changes, although I posted that Shaymin use an item to alter formes, but it seems that Giratina does not have the same rules. Giratina only stays in Origin Forme when in the Torn World and reverts back to Origin Forme elsewhere.
- Shaymin’s Sky Forme ability is Serene Grace, which focuses on Special Attack and Speed and knows the move Air Slash. Giratina’s Origin Forme ability is (as you might have guessed) Levitate.
- Pictures indicate that there are new sprites for several Pokemon, such as Bidoof, Giratina Another Forme and Shaymin Land Forme.
- Regarding of the two new characters that were revealed, one is a member of Team Galactic and the other is a member of international police who is hunting for Team Galactic.
And these are the currently (very, very) rough scan of the new issue of the CoroCoro magazine. All images are thanks to Serebii.net. There are currently no higher resolution, so do not take your time to click on the images
I’m very sorry to say to all of you readers that I would likely taking several weeks off on blogging. My project deadlines are really getting closer. For your information, I have three projects at the moment. One is a system in a certain restaurant, the other is a cryptography system, and the last one is the computer graphics project. As you might have guessed, my last project is about building a virtual world and put a character to (literally) explore the world. It is not an easy task, mind you.
Anyway, even though I’ll be busy doing this and that, I believe I could at least give you information about the anticipated Pokemon Platinum. Last week, the blue skY blog posted that regarding the transformation of Shaymin, it would not be same as the case of Deoxys in the previous generation. Meaning, there is a special key item to use to be able to transform Shaymin from Land Forme to Sky Forme and vice versa. This item is called Glacidia’s Flower and you can obtain it in Floaroma Town. However, this raises a debate because it would likely cause compatibility issues with the previous release of Diamond and Pearl.
That’s the information about Pokemon Platinum after about a month (yeah, it’s a quiet month, I tell you). The information is thanks to Serebii.net (hey, Serebii, I like the new layout ) and in this month (or following weeks, actually) there would likely be another information on Pokemon Platinum. And of course, I would be gladly to put those information for you readers (and Pokemon enthusiasts, just like me). So in the mean time, please be patient for the small quantity of posts and stay tuned because after I finished my projects, I have nothing to do, so I can focus on developing my blog. See you next post..!